View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009   #342
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

The Titans have needs at C, LB, DT, DE, CB, WR and QB. Certainly some of these potential needs could be solved via FA (from within and externally), notably re-signing Haynesworth. Bulluck's contract is up in 2009, contracts for Vanden Bosch and an aging Kearse are up in 2009, they have some coverage softness in Finnegan and an aging Harper. WR has always been an issue, but that can be solved later in the draft or FA, but I would rather shore up the QB position first before I start spending 1st round picks on the position. Finally, Mawae's contract is up next year and should retire.

I was intrigued by Harvin's availability, but the Titans are a team that excel in trench warfare and that begins with the running game. They must find a replacement for All-Pro Kevin Mawae, whose contract is up after next year. The pick here is Max Unger, as he can play all five positions, but excels in the interior. He could easily get reps all over the line in the first year and step into the starting C position in 2010.