View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Future of the Titans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Bud Adams long ago stopped being cheap where player salaries are concerned. He was paying top dollar for players when his team was here in Houston. In the 60's and 70's he earned a reputation for being notoriously stingy with player salaries and that is where this notion comes from. He was also very tight about running the organization in the early days and that continued throughout his time here. The Oilers practice facility was notable for being possibly the worst in the NFL and I'm sure that's improved (if for no other reason than he's got the taxpayers in Possum Holler paying for it). Bud also had a reputation for not being willing to pay coaches top dollar and that went on right up to Jack Pardee (and I presume Jeff Fisher's early contract. I don't know what Fisher makes today).

Mostly though he's not that cheap when it comes to contracts. It's just hard for him to shake the reputation he's built.
Yeah he was notoriously cheap during the LuvYaBlue era but during the Moon era he went out and spent the money both in personnel and coaching.

The guy's franchise is cursed, its just that simple. He'll spend enough to keep the inbred yokels in Tennessee happy, but he probably wont even resign his own players much less lure other team's quality players away.