View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

After hitting defense hard first day I would like to see the Texans make pure plays to upgrade both red zone effeicency on offense, toughness around Schaub w/versatile cap friendly willing prospects who can cover more than one position. this is the true measure of total value a draft class can bring.

anybody here going or have gone through a diagonostic test @ work? I'm applying the same supply chain organization review to drafting future buisness aquistions, remember its a buisness with a set budget, so if you can get two or three jobs done by one can you imagine the savings? in this case the savings go to keeping players like Dunta Robinson, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams & DeMeco Ryans just to name a few. Cushing/Ayers going forward with Sidbury chasing hard. the role players Quinn, Shipley, Langster & Scott may start as role players but have the opportunity to work hard, impress & surprise people too.

Quinn as discussed if anyone didn't pay attention to last year in the NFL the FB position is wide open to make the Pro-Bowl. In Kubiaks system the FB plays a much more prominent role than most, maybe 2-3 drops underneath to the FB over the tackle or in the flats. then of course blocking to protect the QB & short yardage, 1st down marker, red-zone goal line stands. Quinn has the look of a player who could fit this role for Kubiak, fast track him all the way to the Pro-Bowl as Slatons lead blocker & short yardage running mate.

Shipley is one of those second tier Center prospect lacks ideal size, measureables like reach & speed but he does fit the ZBS. much as I like Urbik to play OG I see a smart, competitive spark-plug who can establish the point agaisnt much bigger NT's using strong wide lower base, playing nasty & using quickness to create inside running lanes. this really helps Matt/Slaton ability to run the ball which sets up play action. I would love to be a fly on the wall & watch A.Q. battle Meyers to see who starts, Gibbs would relish in the competition.

Everyone knows I like to see the Texans trade down & take my favorite FS Louis Delmas. Lankster is not Delmas but he can become a very good FS IMO thats really good value for a 6th rd. pick. I know last year they took Barber in the 6th who I like but seems to be more of a SS prospect, Ellis is a pure cover cb who has make-up speed to patrol centerfield like a FS the Texans need. Solid in run support good tackling technique flashes make-up speed w/playmaker ability, disruptive engaged with WR fighting body position uses hands up in window.

Bernard Scott adds speed to the backfield. reminds me a little of Chris Johnson attacking style, sharp cuts & change of direction but runs N & S. I wonder if he can play some in the slot or return kicks? pure instinctive athlete with raw ability. specualtive pick, boom or bust, but he does impress me enough with his speed I'd take a chance this late.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote