View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009   #35
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
rd1 Cushing
Love the pick, true SAM LB that this team has needed for along time. Bonus is that he has pass rush ability. Fits Bush defense like a glove
rd2 Ayers
Love this pick, Most well rounded DE in draft IMO will look great opposite MW
rd3 Sidberry
Love this pick, Has more potential to improve than any DE in the draft. Versatile enough to play SAM can rush the passer from day 1, The front 4 should look like this on 3rd down DE MW DT AO DT Ayers (has size to play DT on 3rd down DE Sidberry young pure pass rusher. No more giving Manning 5-6 seconds to throw.
rd4 Q. Johnson
I would rather get a S like N. Harris, C. Vaughn or S-LB N. Harris
rd5 Shipley
Give me G. Johnson because I picked him in the RB thread
rd6 Lankster
Love this pick he really impressed me in the all-star games
rd7 Scott
Dont know much about him, I would take R. Schuman C VA TECH no Texans draft is complete without a pick from VA Tech Schuman is very underrated (Solid) IMO

This is the best Texans mock that I've seen. Great job
thank you, that means a lot.

Main observation is that the Texans should be on a quest to address their defensive shortcomings early in this draft, yet not over reaching because of needs. Even if they double up in a positon early like DE/OLB at least they're covering bases, making sound, smart calculated moves after all you don't always know right away what you have until they put those pads on Sundays & get a little PT maybe a couple years worth.

Watched Gartrell Johnson in the East West Shrine & came away with mixed reviews. yes he could fit in the ZBS, has nice size 5-11 224 & would add depth to the backfield, but he does not flash quickness in the hole & this is critical in ZBS & reason why Steve was such a huge success. I don't know maybe this is something you can coach up? but if your not explosive hitting those holes they quiclclose, leaving RB exposed & in a physcial battle mis-match with a DT or MLB which most of the time they're going to lose.

The mighty Quinn translates right away to NFL in multiple situations giving him an array of assests & versatility from FB, to red-zone inside/power RB, special teams, heck maybe even a little LB. He is a supurb well rounded athlete who loves to hit people, something the Texans have lacked - to win the physical battles take back the line of scrimmage & add another layer of protection for Schaub.

just after blowing some poor guy up for a TD, here is one catching the ball in space with soft hands From left) Charles Scott, Quinn Johnson, Richard Murphy and Keiland Williams (Photo by Matt Deville)
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote