View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009   #302
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

With the 24th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select BRIAN CUSHING, OLB, USC.

Explanation: I really had my eyes set on Brandon Pettigrew with this selection, but for some strange reason the Jets selected a TE in the 1st for the second year in a row. Go figure. Pettigrew would have solidified the offensive side of the ball for the Falcons for a decade and give QB Matt Ryan prolific weapons all over the field. I also thought about selecting Peria Jerry at this pick seeing that Grady Jackson isn't getting any younger. But Cushing makes the most sense. The Falcons are not bringing back UFA LB Michael Boley. Boley played out of position at the Sam LB position last year and his production fell off dramactically. Cushing gives the Falcons a perfect fit for that position, and gives the Falcons a strong core of LBs with Curtis Lofton and the underrated Keith Brooking. Look for the Falcons to go after a DT in the 2nd.