View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009   #289
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks are very valuable to teams and are an important part of the draft. The problem is it's not as fun b/c we won't get to actually use those picks and select a player. But its a very real part of the draft and the more selections you accumulate the better chances you have to get some good players.

No future picks or current nfl players are being allowed to be used, and with good reason I think. I think if you don't want to accumulate later round picks b/c you can't use them (in this draft) then don't trade down. But texanseminole, I agree to an extent, some people may not care if they give up their 4th through 7th round picks in total... so in that sense it could be unrealistic.

Nice selection with Sintim, he should be a great fit as a 3-4 LB.
Thanks.

In regards to trading picks being unrealistic may I remind yall of the Ricky Williams trade.

I needed to trade up to get my OLB before other 3-4 teams were up and to make the deal fair I gave up a 4th and a 6th. Doesnt mean I cant trade down in the 3rd and get back a 6th or something.

Also I think when we are done with the three rounds, people will take into account the fact that you accumulated extra picks as well.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote