View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early February Draft Thoughts

Awtist, due to being at work and on & off telephone, I will discuss your thread piece by piece as I can. i agree with you on the trenches, but I am draftin the other side of the ball. Offense is not the problem or at least getting down the field. We are in top half there. We have 3 areas of major weakness that have not been addressed in at least two years. #1 is turnovers. Most of that has little to do with Oline but holding onto the ball and QB making better decisions. The two areas I want to see addressed is stopping the run and scoring from within the red zone. We can get to the 20 just have trouble getting it in. WHen we are inside the ten, we should have a power back to do that. If a 200lb Qb can get it across the goal line, the Oline can do the same for a RB. So we need a NT and a power back with some speed.

We also need a DE that can play opposite Mario, we have been hearing that for years. We could use a FS to back up Bennett or Reeves. DR can usually hold his own.

IF Raji is at #15 he is the guy. No one else contains and collapses pocket. This guy stops the run. If gone probably take Vontae Davis, unless trade occurs.
2nd Shonn Green a power back with speed who could be featured back or give Slaton less carries. If Raji gone NT Ron Brace is picked here and Gartrell Johnson in 4th.
3rd Robert Ayers DE just what Dr. Mario ordered. only fear is he might keep climbing.
4th Rashad Johnson FS with speed.

Our needs are fulfilled. More later. Liked your effort.