View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early February Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Awt-

Agree on center being a spot we could use the upgrade at and while I love Mack as a prospect I think there's better value for out team on defense especially if you have us picking up Caldwell in the third. I think having both Myers and Brisiel hurt us out there inside the twenty but if we can replace one of them I think we're better on the line.

Can't find anything on Auston English but would be strange for him to declare after looking like not suiting up for a lot of the year. If he's healthy great motor rush type of player who I'd like to have but not in the third round at this point.
When looking at the possible prospects in the 20's(where we would end up after the trade), I was not thrilled at what else was there. I figure the bpa was Mack. Getting Mack and then getting the trade down seemed like a great move in my mind.

I thought Caldwell would be a great potential G and help us develop that nasty offensive line attitude. Good teams have the ability to run the ball down your throat and burn the clock. I thought having both Caldwell and Mack would make us a legit running threat.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote