View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans players say they had illegal contract drills at 2008 mini-camp"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
This scrolled under ESPN's "The Lead" on the ticker this morning. I searched their website and didn't see anything. Anyone know what they're talking about?
Hmmm. Well during mini-camps its usually the rookies and maybe some of the younger players. They practice in shorts and t shirts (no pads) thus its not to be considered a full contact practice. It's really just a time for the young players to run through some plays, learn new plays, do drills, refresh their memory, etc. An early look so the coaches can kinda see what they have to work with (concerning the rookies) going into more offseason workouts. This may have been the time when they noticed Demeco could make the switch to MLB (ability to learn the plays quickly, be a leader etc.) but I'm not sure.

Maybe during a few drills they wore pads or they were rougher than they were supposed to be? For some reason I think some other team had a problem with this a few years ago and may have even been penalized somehow.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard