View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009   #182
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I really like Moreno and think he'd be a great player on our team but I would still be dissappointed in the pick. If it comes down to not having any defensive players of value at #15 I really hope we trade down. I'm not a fan of spending an early pick on RB especially with Slaton showing he's our primary guy. I don't want to spend a 1st rd pick on a situational player unless he becomes one of the best pass rushers in the league... that's the only position.
As usual agree with your assesment OMT. I think there is better value for this team at defense specifically LB in the 1st round. The one thing that does however, attract me to a pick like Moreno at 15 is who totes the rock IF Steve Slaton goes down? Brown might be back next year, Ahman is likely cut and while Moats didn't look terrible can he take a big load? What round do we go RB at? I think a guy like Shonn Green or McCoy would fit nicely but how long will they stay around? Jeremiah Johnson in the third? The offense exploded this year because we got a consistent running game going with Slaton and my worry is it will regress big time if Slaton goes down early.

Peyton finished the year strong and lead his team into the playoffs but I think pound for pound you could make a very strong case that no player meant more to their team then Slaton. Of course that's JMO.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote