View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009   #159
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think there's a chance in heck we take a RB in the 1st. We passed on Mendenhall last draft and I would expect the same this draft if a similar situation were to occur.

Agreed. Personally, I'd put OLB as a higher priority than the S positions in the 1st. If a DE or an outstanding DT is not there at 15 I'd look at OLB then the S positions.
Agree with both points. A players psychie is part of it. And everything they said in December is Steve Slaton is the man. So now you're going to take a guy, a rookie, and pay him first round money while Steve Slaton is toating the load for the Texans with his third round contract? I don't know about that one my friends. You don't ******* up the looker room. Not on purpose any way. Anything that has a chance to divide the team you stay away from with a ten foot pole....and yes that includes a stud runningback.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-03-2009 at 02:27 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote