View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009   #118
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Wow. That is a very unusual start.

Well, with Scott Pioli coming over from NE to be the GM of the Chiefs, I am going to use some of his perceived reasoning in helping build that team. I feel that he is comfortable enough with a young QB like Thigpin. He has shown enough ability, and I think they have enough hope/faith that he will continue to develop in somewhat of a pattern that Brady and Kassel have taken. I don't think the Chiefs will go with one of the QBs in the first round this year. I was looking to take Curry potentially. I still feel that Brandon Albert is best suited for OG, but I think the Chiefs might want some options. With this 3rd overall pick, I am going taking a player who can play LT or could very easily slide inside.

Kansas City selects - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

Monroe is extremely athletic and has all of the ability to play LT in the NFL. He forced Albert to LG at Virginia. They have good experience working well together in the past, and either player is capable of playing inside, more so with Albert. I also think Monroe can play on the right side to give them "bookends".