View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009   #31
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario Round 1 Mock 1/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Personally I don't think Sanchez should be drafted top 5-10 since his body of work is so small, but teams do crazy things when they fall in love with a player. Dropping him to # 17 seems low, but thats because 70% of mocks have him going #3 overall. I think the Cheifs would rather trade back into the 1st if he was available after 20 like the Browns did a couple years back.

I love walterfootball.com and love the way he ranks his players. I dont agree with him on some obvious stuff like Crabtree to the Rams, or Sanchez to the Cheifs, but we are on the same thought that Davis is actually a better prospect at CB than Jenkins, although I would take either at 15. I really dont like his Chris Wells to the Chargers pick. I would give that about a 2% chance of happening.
It actually blows my mind that some people think this. No offense to you, you are entitled to your opinion and I don't know how much research you do, so you could be on to something that I just don't see.

I watch a lot of prospects. A lot. I watch more college football than anyone else I know, and I wouldn't hesitate to say that I watch more than most draft "experts".

Of all that though, I concentrate on the secondary. That's where I played and that is what I enjoy watching. I know my stuff.

I tell you all that to tell you this: Jenkins is solid in every aspect. IMO, he is the best CB to come out in the draft since Terence Newman. Davis is overrated because of his athleticism. He can be an all pro in the NFL....if he is coached up right. He is over-aggressive, shows poor discipline at times, and there are questions about his effort.

A team with a good secondary coach can take a shot on him. I wouldn't feel comfortable if we took him. In our short history, our DBs have shown a lack of improvement year to year. I would like for our DB coach to prove he can improve players like Bennett and Molden before we take shots at guys like Davis.

I realize that by passing on Davis you are passing on an elite athlete, but at this point, I think we need more guys on our defense that can make an immediate impact. I don't feel like Davis could do that.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote