Thread: Lord signed
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

There are depth issues at SS due to players recovering from injury. Ramon Walker tore his ACL in Week 13. Earl suffered the same injury in late October. ACL tears usually take at least a year to rehab so both Walker and Earl could be question marks until mid-season. From what I've read, Earl is closer to 100% than Walker.

Burns might be forced to backup Brown early on, something I'd rather not see. Cross fingers that Brown stays healthy. Lord has the size to play SS but I doubt if he has the nose to play SS at this point. He will probably get a chance to backup SS in camp. It would seem like his more natural position is FS but there you have Coleman and McCree and the Texans only kept two FS's last season.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote