View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009   #26
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario Round 1 Mock 1/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...ass=&teamid=13

I'm actually starting to think a real #1 shutdown corner is one of the Texans top 4 needs, along with Safety, DE, and DT. We have D-Rob, who is a good #2, and Reeves who could be a really good nickle, but none of our guys look like top flight #1s.
The Link still doesn't explain to me why some people on the board are still obessed with moving one of our CBs to FS.

I think Dunta will be back next year barring a bad break in contract talks. Fred Bennett regressed this year but was solid in his rookie outing. John Hoke is gone and I think between Gibbs and Rhodes we can see expect to see our secondary play better as a whole. Reeves while he wasn't great his play got better as the season progressed. I would've liked to see more from Molden, small school guys are a gamble. I hope he pays off. I guess I am trying to sa while we aren't done at CB I don't think we are in terrible need there as free safety in the secondary. However if a LB is gone there will probably be too good of value at CB to pass up.

However still think our LB corps is something we have to shore up if we're going to make way in the passing game(TEs kill us across the middle) and run defense. I think our DL will play better this coming because they'll be used more towards their combined strengths(speed) then trying to use them as stand up DTs(which they weren't strong enough to be). All dpends on what we do in FA, which i hope we can pick up a piece or two to supplement the draft. I think for the most part Defensive players usually plug and play better. Of course all of this is JMO.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote