View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My pre combine mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I like this draft! I haven't yet heard of Stanchek or Mckenzie but I'm gonna look 'em up just because I like the other 5 picks so much

Findings: Stanchek sounded good but much like what we have. A guy who is 6'4'' 300ish who is fast, good on the 2nd level but gets pushed back by bigger DTs. But we've done much worse with a 7th round pick

McKenzie was graded as a 3rd round pick looking to make into day 1 with a good combine, the 4th might be a little late on him. I might look at a different LB or another DE there...
McKenzie played at south Florida. Every game I watched (scouting Selvie) McKenzie stood out. He makes plays all over the field. One of those players that just has a knack fo being around the ball. He is quick and hes smart. In the scouting reports I have read his tackling is undervalued. He had plenty of big hits from what I have seen. Reminds me alot of Adibi. I believe he will still be available 4th because he is a little undersized @ 235.

Stancheck stood out to me the last 2 years while watching West Virginia. He is perfect fit for our team. He has been trained in the ZB system and should be available in the later rounds because of this. I dont think we are going to get our wish of getting OL guys that are stout at the POA. If you want a guy that can be moble/athletic and has the strength to not get pushed back you are going to have to get those guys in the early rounds.

Anyway thanks for the response!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote