View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009   #94
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Look at it this way, if you are the one who is desperate to trade up or down, then prepare to get the short end of the stick.

For the most part, trading draft picks is pretty fair. The problems arise when you can't exactly match the point values and the guy giving up just a little bit more can't deal with that.
I understand all of that. My point is - to use the chart assumes that everybody accepts the chart - and everybody in the NFL does not. When you trade up, you're almost always going to get screwed - and that's fine if you're dead set on a player you want. Putting the chart into play is going to make people think they're getting screwed even when they aren't getting screwed when you look at it as a real-life NFL situation.

Honestly, I don't see the point of even allowing for trades if we're only doing three rounds... but I'm fine with it either way. I think there will be a lot of trading simply for the sake of trading.

Anyway - it's just for fun. I don't even know why I'm bothering to type this much, LOL.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote