View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

I'm standing pat with Louis Delmas as the Texans 1st rd. selection, ideally by trading down. but his ascending stock worrys me, who knows in three months if this would even be possible, remember Dunta Robinson (ran a 4.34 expect Louis to time out @ the combine close to that).

If Orakpo or Evertte Brown is off the board in the 1st & the Texans address FS instead, then Texans need to regroup & target the best DE available in 2nd. I'm not sure how much of the hype plays into these Utah prospects but that athletic demonstration against SEC Alabama was eye opening. http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...er_paul01.html

Urbik just screams Gibbs. love the way he competes, his package of skills from hand placement to footwork are both natural & you can tell he's been extremely well coached. Wisconsin has an excellent track record moving O linemen to the next level, see Joe Thomas http://www.uwbadgers.com/sport_news/...&storyid=16480 this is primarily a run oriented offense averaging 200 yards per game 2nd in the Big 10. one of Kraig's key skill set is hand placement its easier for him than most interior guys to get his long arms (33 1/2 LT length) into the pads to redirect & steer away from the pocket. he also has surprising quick feet to redirect loads & gain leverage (this is all my own stuff guys). in the final analysis he projects to be a much more effective NFL OG than he is currently rated, IMO & is a huge upgrade for the Texans @ RG.

Last edited by beerlover; 01-27-2009 at 12:44 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote