Thread: Over Anxious
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy
Thanks to the fan brass I now have a better "understanding" of the pick and why it took so many draft picks to get him. I guess my question really involves how much of a value Babin is and was it worth it. Obviously, Dom Capers felt so so I guess I can trust his judgement. My opinion can be swayed with a solid opposing argument and I can admit if I am wrong or mis-informed; unlike some on this board. I read a lot of post but rarely post any myself but I may have to change that because I just noticed a footnote classifying me on the "practice squad" !!! eek: COME ON!

Thanks for your comments.
Don't take any comments as don't post here. On the other hand, characterizing anyone with an opposing view as part of the "fan brass" is neither accurate nor reasonable.

Just my opinion, but the GM and coaches have (a) a lot more information than we or the rag sheets have and (b) a specific system they are trying to develop that may favor certain players over others. In addition draft "value" is too uncertain to act like someone made a mistake by not waiting 32 spots on a gamble if they really like a player. Come back in two years--if Babin isn't a star then we did give up too much--before then we just don't know.