View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009   #40
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: While the woman sleeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Another big RB I like is Marlon Lucky from Nebraska. I think he may replace Jennings in my next update.
I like what Ive seen of his too. He'll be there in the 7th, so I'd take a shot. Can't be worse than Brinks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
YTF- I'm down with Maualuga/Ryans to the outside as the pick but I think for the rest of your mock you don't finish what you start. Maualuga would be a nod at having a better run stopping defense but no other picks go that way. No DT, no big hitting safety...

Chung or Delmas in the 2nd as S, or a DT does more than a tiny CB. Plus with Smithiak a 3rd or 4th has been spent at CB the last two years and mentions "never having enough guys who can cover" so I'd expect that trend to continue.

Demeco/Adibi coming off the edge or covering would be sick. Those two are too fast to get around especially if Ryans shed his wannabe-MLB bulk. Even if a big play or two came up the middle Rey-Rey's physical demeanor, aggression is something that is sorely lacking in this defense.
With the dline coach and philosiphy, dont look for us to invest in that big space eater. They want smaller penetrators, not fat block absorbers. Rey sounds good in the 1st, then look for us to get another big LBer to go on the other side to fill gaps left by the line. Also, if we do fill a need in Fa, be it a FS, Haynesworth, or Suggs/Peppers ect... and a guy like Curry drops to around 10, dont be shocked if we move up.