View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

just finished reviewing the Senior Bowl as it relates to these players & have a couple more observations I would like to offer.

Louis Delmas is very raw. great instincts but not coached up, has potential to be great no mistake but how confident would the Texans new defensive staff particularly David Gibbs deveolping a project with the 1st pick? in the final analysis he could be a great pick but key word is could be? coaching call, scouting wise complete package of tools just needs to refine skills.

Paul Kruger is a redshirt sophomore so he was not invited. was impressed with Ayers good size/speed with some good pass rush moves. We'll have to see how he does @ the combine if impressive I would bring him for a workout.

Kraig Urbik is an NFL ready guard. when he matched up against Peria Jerry he stoned him, rode him off or drove him back, looked like he just gave up trying to make a play until Urbik was replaced then he gave that guy all kinds of hell. I really enjoyed not only how Urbik could dominant his man he was quick to shed & help on the edge, thats something Winston needs at times, or slip inside & help the Center. wherever he choose to engage the penetration was quickly denied. he shined even better during the game than in practice, this kid is a grinder & a player to keep an eye on.

Andre Brown stole the running back show (anyone else catch the announcers saying Andre Johnson?) anyway he over shawdowed fine performances from both Jennings & Johnson. I would have to consider throwing him into the 3rd mix despite his injury history.

Cody Brown DE/OLB was the only other player in this mock to get invited. played mostly DE but see his position there only as situational back-up @ best probably move into a SLB role does have good laterial quckness but it would be a transition to a new positon for him.

be on the lookout for a steal @ CB in 4th like Francies Coye, San Jose State long frame/length smooth hips (grade him 3rd rd.)

Ellis Lancaster, West Virginia flashed quickness, was aggressive good run support & open field tackler (5th).
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote