View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #45
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper's 1st Mock Draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
during Day 3 of the Senior Bowl practice, one of the guys said he had spoken to a scout who focuses just on the Big 12, and the scout had said Pettigrew was the best overall player coming out of the Big 12 this year. Not just offensive, but BPA.
Better than Crabtree, Orakpo, and Maclin? Really? I hope there are NFL decision makers drafting above the Texans who feel that way.

There have been only 4 tight ends taken in the top half of the 1st round this decade (Winslow, Vernon Davis, Shockey, and Franks). Pettigrew doesn't sport the college resume of those guys. I realize that this is a down draft, but I doubt very seriously that a blocking TE will go ahead of playmaking DEs like Everette Brown and Brian Orakpo.