View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: While the woman sleeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
No. I've never liked Raji as a prospect. I've never been high on him. With that said, scouts don't really care about the game. It's nice to see if players are capable of learning a scheme in 4 days, and how they play within a system, but it does little for the scouts. In fact, most scouts left Friday for the Texas vs the Nation practices. A lot of the scouts job is done at the practices. I think far too much is being said about Raji. The drills at all of these All-Star games favor the DL over the OL simply because the DL is attacking and the drills are usually for a far extended period of time than a single play, and there is unlimited space with no boundaries. A DE could run an 8 yard arc and get around a OL, but an 8 yard arc in games will either run you out of a play or into another blocker.

In short, I've never liked Raji but his stock didn't drop any due to a poor game.
I think some guys catch a coach or scouts eyes from a week of practice or a workout . I'm concerned about guys who seem to vanish in the game .