View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: While the woman sleeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I don't see Maualuga slipping past Denver. B.J. Raji is the wildcard does he get past the Bengals & the Jags (both coaching staffs @ Senior Bowl) that would help work Maualuga closer to #15 but still has to get past Washington & New Orleans. we'll know a little more after the combine.

The Texans should exercise either the 1st or 2nd rd. selection on a DE. I doubt they wait til the 3rd. what do you think of Ayers in 2nd? he looked really explosive last night in the Senior Bowl winning Defensive player of the game.

Sidbury is intriquing. also add English & Sintim to your list

Jennings stock is rising, Shonn Greene clone not going to last til 4th rd. not even sure about the Texans 3rd rd. pick?

anyway I like your players its just #1 most are off the board #2 DE has to be a higher priority
Well, it will be interesting to see how the next few months play out with Maualuga's stock.

I think a DE should be a high priority, I just don't see quite the value in the second round. I think we will see, as usual, a run on DEs in the 20's of the first round. I don't like any of the DEs in the first round really, but potentially Maybin. I think a lot of the "DE's" in the first round are actually 3-4 rush OLB. I think there will be a run on the guys like Selvie, Brown, Maybin, and Orakpo. I think all 4 of those guys could play standing up, but I think that Maybin and Orakpo will make their money in the 4-3. Selvie I can see being for either but I just don't like Brown as a prospect. I really don't. Not for us. I expect those guys to go in the first round, and then there to be a drop off until the next tier. I think there will be better "value" in the 3rd. We don't need another Mario. We need a guy who can provide pressure on the QB, and I feel that the 3rd round will provide us a chance to land one of those guys.

I think Sintim is purely a OLB, either scheme, but I don't see him being able to play with his hand on the ground.

I don't think Jennings is a clone of Green. Jennings plays bigger. He may not last, but right now, Jennings is projected in that area.