View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: While the woman sleeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
1. Maualuga- if there

2. Alphonso Smith- if there

3. Lawrence Sidbury- if there

4. Rashad Jennings- if there

sense a theme? all excellent picks If there.....
My reasoning for these guys: Maualuga should be there in the first round. SD will likely take him at 16 if we don't, but he has a very good chance to be there at 15. He would BPA, which means he could go a few picks earlier, but I personally think he will be on the board.

I think Alphonso Smith will stay in the second round range. Guys like Sean Smith (6'3 215!!) will see a big jump in stock at the combine. I still think Alphonso Smith's stock will stay in the second round due only to size, and that is why I feel he will be available.

Sidbury isn't a 3rd rounder right now. He is mostly seen as a 4th rounder, but I think his stock has gone up with the scouts enough to jump him up some. He doesn't have elite explosiveness, so his combine won't be anything special compared to some other DE's (Orakpo, Maybin, Brown, Evans). He comes from a small school. I don't think his stock is going to get much higher than the 3rd round as he is still a developmental player.

Jennings just hasn't been that productive on the post season circuit. I think he may go a round higher when it's all said and done, but right now, he is looking like a 4th-5th rounder. Luckily there are other options for bigger RB's, but I feel comfortable in projecting him in the 4th round for now.

What do yall think of the specific players and the reasoning? Tear this thing apart!

Also, I'm done with this mock, so it will be a 4 rounder.