View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #23
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com 1/24/09 Mock Draft

Some paraphrased/shortened version of comments from nfldraftscout senior bowl coverage.

1/20/09 - Monday Wake Forest's Alphonso Smith has elite foot quickness, and flexible hips for man coverage. Smith was aggressive throughout the day, breaking up multiple short passes, and challenging receivers to try and take him deep. He victimized White for an easy pick-six late in the scrimmage that just served as icing on the cake. Smith was as impressive as any player on the field.

1/21/09 - Wednesday The poor QB play has made grading CBs tougher than most years. What has been obvious throughout the week, however, is Wake Forest's CB Alphonso Smith's willingness to gamble -- often resulting in big plays in his favor. Smith has excellent foot quickness and balance. In fact, he frequently has run better routes than the receivers he was covering this week. He intercepted his third pass in as many practices Wednesday.

Somebody will take him in the first. I'd rather the Texans draft DE, DT, or LT over corner, but if they go that route, I like Smith best, and of the guys who could be there it's not really close.

His height is a negative, but he's about the same size as guys like Cortland Finnegan, Asante Samuel, Dre Bly, and Aaron Glenn. If you had the chance to pick up one of those guys fresh out of college would you pass on them over an inch or two? I think not.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote