View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com 1/24/09 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to selecting Davis, especially in this situation. We really need to somehow get a pass rushing DE but that doesn't mean you force one in the first round. I always love a CB that could potentially be a shutdown type.

I'm still not sure where Reeves and Dunta fit on this team. Are Reeves and/or Dunta both #2 corners or are they both guys that should be covering the slot? Does Dunta at 187 lbs or so have the ability to play FS for us? Does Fred Bennett still need more developing? How will Molden bounce back from injury? Will he continue to be an excellent STs guy and be working on his CB skills? I like the guys we have on our current roster and think they have a lot of potential. But if something goes wrong, its a weakness again. Right now our secondary looks decent based purely on potential, imo.

Reeves has 3 years left on his contract and hopefully Dunta gets resigned. I think Davis could be a great selection.
this class does not have quality @ the top of a Leodis McKelvin or Rodgers-Cromartie. taking Davis @ #15 only if you don't re-sign Dunta Robinson. so basicly if you don't resign Dunta you cost yourself a 1st rd. pick. I fail to see how that improves this team over our AFC South counterparts when we need to revamp DE, LB & FS too
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote