View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #12
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com 1/24/09 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
The thing with the first round of the NFL draft is physical projection of skills. I love Alphonso Smith as a prospect and player, and would love to have him on my team. With that said, he is about 5'9 180, which will give him some trouble in the NFL with bigger WRs. There should be no question wether or not he will be an NFL CB, but rather if he will be a #1 CB. Davis is 6'0 and 205 with better size. While I don't think he has the skills that Smith has by any means, Davis has more "upside" to reach than Smith. I think Smith will have a lot to prove in the proverbial sense, but that Davis may have more value as a #1 CB to teams. It's potential.
I think if you're going to draft a guy who is mostly potential, you might as well grab Domonique Johnson out of Jackson St. He's a better athlete, and has better instincts than VD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
This is how I feel as well. I think CB is a possible position to slip this year with some good playmakers. Guys like DJ Moore, Sean Smith, and Alphonso Smith. I think there will be good value in the second round.
If DJ Moore, or Alphonso Smith were there in the second, this would be me.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote