View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout.com 1/24/09 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I don't like VD. He reminds me too much of DeAngelo "OOPS, I just gave up a long TD" Hall.

The more I see of Alphonso Smith out of Wake Forest, the more I like him. He reminds me of Asante "Pick Six" Samuels. He had 8 picks in 2007, and 7 in 2008. If we go CB in the first I will nerd rage if it is VD over Smith.
The thing with the first round of the NFL draft is physical projection of skills. I love Alphonso Smith as a prospect and player, and would love to have him on my team. With that said, he is about 5'9 180, which will give him some trouble in the NFL with bigger WRs. There should be no question wether or not he will be an NFL CB, but rather if he will be a #1 CB. Davis is 6'0 and 205 with better size. While I don't think he has the skills that Smith has by any means, Davis has more "upside" to reach than Smith. I think Smith will have a lot to prove in the proverbial sense, but that Davis may have more value as a #1 CB to teams. It's potential.