View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Illustrated mock draft

It would seem the Texans are still a team in transition. the offense looks fixed basicly with key addtions always needed for depth & improvement, but changes are now coming from the defensive side & the coaching changes will be the key factor driving this transition.

We have our key DL player in Mario. the Texans need to lock him up to a big fat long term contract & thats a huge well deserved chunk of salary cap.

DeMeco is also in the same boat, equally valued he should also be taken care of long term.

Dunta Robinson will be a free agent unless the two sides can agree on a new contract. I hope this happens.

Looking @ ball park off the wall numbers thats gotta be close to 30 million a year for three players on defense alone. the only area on defense that has been neglected is the safety position. what has been the Texans total investment here? no #1's I can tell you that... CC Brown the stater until hurt is a free agent do the Texans re-sign him & how much is he worth? the rest are all un restricted free agent signees, or late round picks. pretty plain to see the major element missing from this defense is at the Safety position so yeah I do think it matters, it matters alot. that being said you should never let it force your hand but I think their are some nice additions that can be made to really help this team transition into a more intimdating, aggressive defensive force to be reckon'ed with
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote