View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
First off, I'd like to say great work as always.

I like Delmas, but I'm not sure if I like him as a first rounder as of now. I need to try to obtain some more film of him before I'm completely sold on him, but I like what I've seen so far. Solid in coverage and good in run support. You can't really ask for much more than that. I'll also be the first to point out that if this were to happen, we'd have to hear all the "but the last guy from Western Michigan we reached on in the first round busted" posts, but it's whatever.

I love Kruger as a prospect. He may not end up being the pass rusher that Brown or Maybin could end up being, but I think he's better in run support. He reminds me of an Aaron Kampman, who doesn't have top notch measureables, but he has enough talent and is relentless enough to be able to make some plays.

I like Urbik, and the only downside I see in this selection is that we may be better off taking someone who has the ability to play all three interior OL positions. Myers hasn't been super impressive and there's no depth behind him. The same could be said for Brisiel as well though. I think maybe Antoine Caldwell would be better at this pick. He's a total beast and has the ability to play center or either guard spot.

I like Jennings to back up Slaton, and I'm pretty confident he'll be available in the third. He's not going to be a great measureables guy that usually get taken early and he has the small school stigma that has caused guys like Westbrook to fall.

The rest of the picks are all good developmental guys who can contribute right away. Once again, great job.
D-Rek spot on as always, hope your right about Jennings still being there. While there are several backs who could help balance the work load with Steve I hope the Texans think enough of him to address this important need early.

Delmas has the type of range & speed mixed with aggressive style Texans fans covet. I hope the Texans reach agreement with Dunta. it would be nice combination so Robinson can be more aggressive without fear losing contact over the top knowing Delmas has his back. would help secondary become more aggressive in Frank Bush new scheme.

Kruger/Urbik are both starting material players on this Texans roster. add Delmas thats three starters. Jennings will not be a starter but he will contribute, add depth & provide a different kind of weapon.

Last four picks are all developmental, your right. I've watched all of them play in College & each one has the potential to someday be a player in the right NFL system. Butch Davis is real positive on Brandon Tate he's coached in the NFL. In College Cody Brown was a dynamic pass rusher (7.5 sacks w/16.5 tackles for loss as Senior) it would be real interesting to see his development with this new coaching staff. Kaluka is a wildcard pick for sure but was real impressive to me both in the Rose Bowl & here in Houston a couple weeks ago at the Shriners game. The Colorado pick is the only one I'm not so sure about but then I had to include at least one Buffalo.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote