View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009   #22
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sports Illustrated mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I would love to see us trade Weaver to a needy 3-4 team. If we cant get a deal with Dunta then F tag him and include it into a trade package for said 3-4 teams 1st and go after Davis and a DE. I know that wouldnt happen at all , but hey it would give us a D-line man worth something and another 1st rd CB. I also would like to take a run at Elvis Dumervil since the Broncos are going for a 3-4 and he could play OLB in that D or DE in our 4-3, but we could also trade Weaver for him.
Something that must be considered when talking about trades is that both teams must want to make the trade for it to happen.

Having said that, tell me who is going to trade for Anthony Weaver, especially when you consider his contract?

I'll answer it for you. No one.

Likewise, the Texans do not want to trade Dunta.

Here you have a player, Dunta, that has always been well liked by his teammates and looked to as a leader, that worked so hard to be able to come back from a devastating injury to help the team as soon as he possibly could, and you are going to reward his effort by trading him away.

That would destroy the locker room.

Thankfully, this is not the manner in which the Texans organization is run. On the contrary, when a Texan performs well and comes up for free agency or is getting close to becoming a free agent, the Texans orginization pays them well.

That sends a message: Perform well and the orginizatin will take care of you.

That's the kind of message you want to send your players, for it inspires them to perform their best, which in turn leads to the team winning.