View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #26
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !

27. Indianapolis - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

I thought Indianapolis loved speed on defense? Jackson will make a great strong side DE, but he is a run stuffer. Doesn't do much as far as pass rush. Had 8 sacks as a soph, but then 3.5 as a junior, and 4.5 as a senior.

Everything else looks great. I especially like the Pettigrew and Laurinaitis picks.[/quote]

Supposedly the Colts are going to go in a little different direction defensively as Caldwell is tired of watching the defense get gashed in the running game. I can see Tyson Jackson as a two down DE and then being bumped down inside to DT on passing downs while Mathis comes in at DE. Jackson would make them much more stout against the runs and there are some out there who think he might be able to gain 10 to 15 pounds and play the under tackle.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote