View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #34
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1/22 mel Kiper Jr. has us taking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Derrick Johnson was touted as an athletic OLB who could tackle well and force a lot of fumbles.

This past season, in only 14 games, he had 85 tackles and forced 4 fumbles. That was enough for 4th among LBs, and I believe all 3 of the guys above him were 3-4 DEs getting fumbles from the QB.

He has 12 sacks in 4 years from a non pass-rushing position, which is 6x as many as TJ has from a pass rushing spot.

Over his four years, DJ has averaged: 88 tackles, 5 passes defended, 3 sacks, 3 FFs, and an INT

Travis Johnson, meanwhile, over his entire career, has: 106 tackles, 8 passes defneded, 1 FF, 2 sacks, and 1 INT

DJ isn't a hall of famer or anything, but to say they are about equal is just crazy
I never said they were equal.

To me DJ has been average, and on a bad team that makes him look a little beeter then he really is; but for the 11th (or 12th) pick in the draft...not so much. Espically when compared to guys like Willis and Ryans.

Stats are not the end all be all. Before this year Morlon Greenwood was averaging 113 tackles, 1 1/3 sacks, 4 PD and nearly an INT a year.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote