View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #31
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1/22 mel Kiper Jr. has us taking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
And how good has Derrick Johnson been? Made and Pro-Bowls yet?

I'm not saying that TJ has been better, but the comments about passing on DJ make litte sense to me in light of his ability/production while at KC.
Derrick Johnson was touted as an athletic OLB who could tackle well and force a lot of fumbles.

This past season, in only 14 games, he had 85 tackles and forced 4 fumbles. That was enough for 4th among LBs, and I believe all 3 of the guys above him were 3-4 DEs getting fumbles from the QB.

He has 12 sacks in 4 years from a non pass-rushing position, which is 6x as many as TJ has from a pass rushing spot.

Over his four years, DJ has averaged: 88 tackles, 5 passes defended, 3 sacks, 3 FFs, and an INT

Travis Johnson, meanwhile, over his entire career, has: 106 tackles, 8 passes defneded, 1 FF, 2 sacks, and 1 INT

DJ isn't a hall of famer or anything, but to say they are about equal is just crazy