View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Picks I disagree with:

4. Seattle - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC:

I think ESPN is getting the mock drafters to believe in the Sanchez hype. The guy isn't polished enough to go #4. Seattle would be a good place for him because he could sit behind Hasselbeck, but is this really their biggest need? I don't think so. I see Sanchez going 10-15. This looks like a reach to me.
10. San Francisco - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

Agree that the Niners should take him if he is there. I just don't see him dropping to 10.
15. Houston - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

I am very high on Jerry. I would love this pick...if Orakpo weren't still on the board. Jerry can do it all and is very underrated at this point.

16. San Diego (8-8) - Brian Cushing, LB, USC

Where does Cushing fit in a 3-4 defense? Does he have the speed to be an edge rusher?
20. Detroit - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Seemed to me like Kevin Smith and Calvin Johnson were the only good players the Lions had last season. Now they will replace one of them? I don't buy that.
23. New England - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

I get the pick, but no chance Orakpo falls to 23. None. LZ has him going to a 3-4 defense so he obviously had him fall because he doesn't think he will fit the 4-3. I disagree. Orakpo is one of the top two weak side DE pass rushers in this draft (only Brown is potentially better, I think). His ability against the run is not a strength, but he is serviceable enough in that area that it is not a weakness either.
27. Indianapolis - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

I thought Indianapolis loved speed on defense? Jackson will make a great strong side DE, but he is a run stuffer. Doesn't do much as far as pass rush. Had 8 sacks as a soph, but then 3.5 as a junior, and 4.5 as a senior.

Everything else looks great. I especially like the Pettigrew and Laurinaitis picks.
Cushing played DE, ILB, OLB and some safety at USC. I think he's could enough to be an outstanding 4-3 SLB, or a 3-4 LB that could see some snaps at OLB and some at ILB. His ability to cover is way underrated at this point.

Of course all of this is my opinion, and I'd love for Cushing to play for the Texans.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote