View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !

Picks I disagree with:

4. Seattle - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC:

I think ESPN is getting the mock drafters to believe in the Sanchez hype. The guy isn't polished enough to go #4. Seattle would be a good place for him because he could sit behind Hasselbeck, but is this really their biggest need? I don't think so. I see Sanchez going 10-15. This looks like a reach to me.
10. San Francisco - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

Agree that the Niners should take him if he is there. I just don't see him dropping to 10.
15. Houston - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

I am very high on Jerry. I would love this pick...if Orakpo weren't still on the board. Jerry can do it all and is very underrated at this point.

16. San Diego (8-8) - Brian Cushing, LB, USC

Where does Cushing fit in a 3-4 defense? Does he have the speed to be an edge rusher?
20. Detroit - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Seemed to me like Kevin Smith and Calvin Johnson were the only good players the Lions had last season. Now they will replace one of them? I don't buy that.
23. New England - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

I get the pick, but no chance Orakpo falls to 23. None. LZ has him going to a 3-4 defense so he obviously had him fall because he doesn't think he will fit the 4-3. I disagree. Orakpo is one of the top two weak side DE pass rushers in this draft (only Brown is potentially better, I think). His ability against the run is not a strength, but he is serviceable enough in that area that it is not a weakness either.
27. Indianapolis - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

I thought Indianapolis loved speed on defense? Jackson will make a great strong side DE, but he is a run stuffer. Doesn't do much as far as pass rush. Had 8 sacks as a soph, but then 3.5 as a junior, and 4.5 as a senior.

Everything else looks great. I especially like the Pettigrew and Laurinaitis picks.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote