View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper's 1st Mock Draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsorc View Post
Moore is dropping like a stone right now. Comments from the senior bowl is that a change to LB might be in his future so I'm not surprised he's no longer a first round pick. Look out for Chung besides Delmas to crrep into late first territory.

Picks I'm against or confused about:
3 Kansas City Mark Sanchez QB USC - They just broke the record for leat sacks in a season. DE should be a very high possibility. Plus Tighpen looked serviceable.
7 Oakland Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri - Too early
9 Green Bay Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St. - With Capers as DC they're going to a 3-4; I would expect somebody for their front 7 to help the transition.
11 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St. - TE is a need but they probably need a DE more.
16 San Diego Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia - No way they're letting Sproles go after seeing Turner in Atlanta. Bigger needs than a replacement for LT.
17 New York Jets Percy Harvin WR Florida - I have no clue what he's thinking here. Harvin is probably a fringe first rounder and this is a team with solid WRs. They might go for a QB if they don't believe in Klemens. Otherwise CB is an option.
18 Chicago Tyson Jackson DE LSU - A 3-4 DE for a 4-3 team. Probably should be Michael Johnson
21 Philadelphia Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St. - Westbrook replacement not exactly a big priority yet.
23 New England Brian Cushing LB USC - Clint Sintim UVA played in a 3-4 is also graded by most as late first and would make the transition faster.
24 Atlanta Larry English DE/OLB No. Illinois - Second round prospect
25 Miami Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Mryland - Miami needs a lot of secondary help so CB would be more logical. Also their WRs are young but serviceable.
28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) Michael Oher OT Mississippi - Will not drop this far
I agree on Eagles and hope that encourages them to trade up with us to get the OT. Say our #15 and a 4th for their two 1s?