View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !

LOL, Jerry is not an Amobi clone at all. He's a very similar type of DT as Amobi, but the pick of AO was purely based on the kids upside and potential.

Jerry is not a 2nd round DT, he's the best UT in the draft and definitely worth a 1st rd pick. I'd even say he would come in and be better at stopping the run and rushing the passer than Amobi is right now.

I was where yall were sitting a while ago. I don't want another UT, we've got that. I want a Raji or maybe even a Brace later on. But that's not what this DL coach does. He doesn't have huge guys to eat up space, he has all four D-linemen rushing into the backfield practically every play. Brace, Okam aren't those guys. If we're going to pick a DT on the 1st day, he's going to be a guy that can get in the backfield.

Jerry would be a good pick. Not my favorite, but all the guys we really want will probably be gone and Jerry would be BPA. Amobi and Jerry would most likely start next to each other with Travis a backup.

Is Cushing starting to come back up the boards now? I thought that guy got injured every other play.

I will add Vontae Davis could be an intruiging selection.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote