View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZs premiere 2009 Mock has us taking a DT. No Way !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
LZ obviously thinks Orako is not suited for the 4-3 and instead will need to
transistion to the 3-4 as an OLB in the NFL, else he'd probably take him if he was on the Board at #15.
If you've been watching the Senior Bowl practices you know Jerry has been impressive, but the #1 standout among DTs is B.J. Raji because he's got Jerry's quicks but he's 'bout 25-30 lbs bigger. We would take him at #15 because he's so much more than Jerry or Okoye, so much more versatile but he'll be long gone.
Cushing is a possibility and I dunno but wonder if he's not a better value for us than the overhyped Rey-Rey ?
I just see Orakpo as a multi dimensional player and believe the 4-3, 3-4 question is about Orakpo's draft value, more so if he can play one or the other. Smart, fast and strong go a long way in overcoming adversity in this league.

If Raji were selected at #15, I would not be complaining.