View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009   #4
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My mock for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I don't think we'll draft a DE this year, because there is so much money tied up in Anthony Weaver, he makes to much to cut him or put him on the bench. I think they'll wait to see what the new DC and defensive scheme results are on Weavers play. I do think that DT will be addressed and early, either B.J. Raji in the 1st or Ron Brace in the 2nd. I also agree with V-man that Safety will be addressed earlier and hope that Patrick Chung will still be available for us in the 2nd round. Chung could go in the late 1st round. I like Caldwell in the 3rd round but I don't see that he improves anything over Myers. Myers is a technically sound player but his biggest problem was his lack of bulk and getting pushed around by huge DT's and if Caldewell is 294 lbs. he'll get pushed around as well. Go with Trevor Canfield in the 3rd, best OG for us and I think that OG is more of a need than C. I like your 4th round picks that's a great place to address the RB need and I'll take Rashad Jennings. Your 5th round picks not bad either, having some quality depth at the Safety positions would be a good thing. If we could get Curtis Painter in the 6th round, I'd be happy, good pick. 7th round, we've already got depth at DE, Cochran and Bullman, I'd go for depth on the O-line or preferably at OLB where they could play on special teams as well.
I don't think that the Texans FO will wait any longer to cut Weaver.
http://www.inthebullseye.com/cap2009.html
I'll put $3.5 million on the fact that they'll rather pay $2.7 million and give someone else that hasn't been a huge disappointment a chance.

Also, i forgot to put this in the first post, i think Harper will be a better pro than Painter. I watch Tiger games whenever i can and i believe his senior slump was due more to the slipping of Bowden than his lack of skills.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote