View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

My outlook on the line is not as gloomy.

Robaire Smith is a young player entering his prime. There are TONS of teams playing guys Walker's and Payne's age on the D-line, and we have no more chance of injury than anyone else does at that position (**players get hurt all the time in the NFL and come back fine). Deloach has started over 30 consecutive games and he is now our primary back up. We have young developing players in Sears and Iaone. I just do not see the need to worry so much. I feel we have a nice 5-6 man rotation right now, and are just in need of one body, imo. I'd like to see us sign one Veteran after the June 1 cuts.

This will not be Walkers last year, nor will it be Payne’s. Players get hurt all the time in the NFL. It does not mean it will happen to them again...."just because". We can still draft a lineman to develop next year. Our old guys aren't that old.

Quote:
Even after undergoing 29 medical procedures that included 20 knee surgeries, Denver Broncos guard Mark Schlereth had some kind of run. Schlereth stuck around 12 NFL seasons spanning 156 games, won three Super Bowls, was voted to two Pro Bowls
schlereth

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote