View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen all kind of "value" charts for exchanging draft picks, but they seem
pretty arbitrary to me. So what the aggregate point total is for 2, 3, 4 (10 th spot), compared to the 27th pick overall is, well choose your chart (exchanging 5 th round spots seems almost immaterial in this calculation).
The premium (if one thinks we paid one), is the 4th round pick. And D.Davis
types , if not rare, are very unusual. What's the success rate of 4th rounders
making it in the NFL - 20% ? So if we paid a premium, it really wasn't that
much of a premium. And perhaps the premium was for the 27th, not using
the 27 on Babin. I think there is a difference. But the basic problem I have
with the pick is I think we're still in the stage of development where we need quantity atleast as much as quality. But if Babin goes to the Pro Bowl in the next 2 or 3 years, his pick will be more than justified.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote