View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Round Mock Draft...but wait, there's more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Good point.

I'm not so sure I would go with those two, I just think you over-value needs. You take the 5th best D-Lineman instead of the 1st pick of Safety OR running back when you could just as easily taken the top flight safety, got Brace at DT in the 2nd, maybe Davis RB in the 3rd?

Opinions though, I love the F/A, releases and sheer effort of the post...
I get what you're saying about possibly overvaluing needs, but I do believe that Maybin is a better player than both Wells and Moore. Furthermore, I believe Maybin is better than Michael Johnson, which would make him the 4th best DL, but Johnson could get picked higher because he has the body of an every down DE at this point in time. Also, our FO has shown a tendency to reach for needs as well, so the pick kinda keeps the theme alive.

That being said, I wouldn't complain about getting Moore, Brace, and Davis, though he may not be able to get us the tough yards that we need. If we took Moore in the first, I'd probably keep Greene in the second, then go after Luigs in the third, or maybe Casey because I simply love the guy as a player. Either that or keep Brace and go after a guy like Gartrell Johnson later in the draft to keep the Colorado State pipeline alive.