View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Round Mock Draft...but wait, there's more!

Very impressive and like that you took it three rounds and Texans thru 7. I am leery on Maybin but does not mean Smithiak would be as you so state. I am hoping Raji falls as I see stopping the run more important than a DE in 1st round. I have Robert Ayers DE 6'3" 270 4.73 in 4th. If Raji avail @#15 would you still select Maybin? Also, what do you think about a trade down with Atlanta? On your mock, no one seems interested in a DE before #24 and Falcons could use William Moore. We could get Maybin @ 24 and get at least a 3rd? Greer appears to have skills and speed as a FA CB but will prob want a hefty contract. We do have the $ but is he the guy? IMO if Molden is not ready to play a significant role, he should be cut but prob will not be as he cost a 3rd. Good @ STeams but not why signed.

Great pick at 2nd round in Green. Yeah we might hit gold twice in 4th round but why take chance? Green could be a every down main guy but has temperment to be #2 & would make Slaton even more better ( I just like saying that). We do not want to get caught up in Slaton's stats as we did with former 4th rounder DDW. I want Super SLick around for at least 5 more years and Green can help him get there. Green reminds me of last year's Matt Forte and he did okay as #2 back.

Delmas in 3rd takes care of another weakness, great size and enough speed. Not Mayes but who was? If first three rounds go as you want, I b OK. May have to wait on Maybin but could be worth the wait.

My picks:

1. Raji. I think Washington could just as easily trade down and get OT William Beatty or Phil Loadholt. This could get them at least another 3rd and 6th based upon our D. Brown trade. Chris Samuel is 31 and youngest olineman, I believe. Skins QB must be better protected. Also, the defense gave up less than 90 yards on ground.

2. Green enough said.
3. I like Delmas but had Rashad Johnson FS 6' 190 4.49
4. Robert Ayers DE all SEC 1st team; 3 sacks 15 tfl
5. Ian Johnson Rb I'll watch closely in Shrine game. Huge year 2 seasons ago & good this year. Many think he will not be drafted. Big mistake imo.