View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Round Mock Draft...but wait, there's more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I don't know much about a lot of guys at this point, but Maybin sounds like a reach and a bit of a gamble. I think I'd rather have Pettigrew or Robinson at this point...
All of our first rounders under Kubiak have sounded like reaches and were a bit of a gamble. Mario has paid off. The jury is still out on Amobi and Brown. The fact is that Maybin has the potential to be what we need.

I'm not sure why you'd rather draft a TE or an OG who probably wouldn't fit very well in a zone scheme in the first. We do run quite a few dual TE sets, but I don't think it's enough to warrant a 1st round pick, especially when there are plenty of developmental guys later.