View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout In. Top 32 - 12/5/08

RDE is what the Texans are looking for. if Maybin is available they add his playmaking speed to balance the power coming from Mario. this not only would help compress the pocket it funnels opponents inside. How much is Haynesworth looking to get? can you imagine a line with ability to hurt you anyway they want power/size/speed?

Honestly I don't care where scouts or anyone else rates them right now, you know a player when you see one. you combine that with knowing every weakness & strength of the Texans. I just can't imagine another player who could have as big of impact as Maybin, I also can't imagine him still on the board @ #15. can't. so we got to move on to PLAN B.

Haynesworth isn't excatly going to be cheap & probably more than the 15th pick so maybe a big body in the middle like BJ Raji or Peria is the second best move? from bpa to addressing need, a true power triad inside the box. I'm also certain there are going to be some good DE prospects available 2nd/3rd maybe even later (more developmental)that fit the bill nicely. Think Synergy. No reason to think otherwise what works for the OL goes for DL too Continuity/Teamwork/Talent/Coaching.

Well thats PLAN B. reverse in order but accomplishes basicly the same thing, good DT are as hard to find as DE but now I have restored faith that Bush will assert his newfound influence where its most needed
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote