View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I put together a Mock Draft Tracker for the Texans pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
If he was a little heavier I'd be banging Brown's drum no doubt. You can't argue against his porduction. the guy is a beast. At fifteen he'd work.

But if they could stand up Maybin , and understand I hate Penn St., he'd be the round peg in the round hole. Leave Rayns inside....Maybin over time beats out one of Dilles or Adibi. And this year he could rotate at DE. Give them a push in second and long and third and long. He'll get there. So could Brown. He might be able to do the same thing. I'm banking on the transition of Maybin on how fast he is. I believe he'll break 4.7 at the combine. If Maybin is four six five or under, that's side ine to sideline speed for a OLB.

Oh I'd bet they both break 4.7. I think they will both run somewhere in the 4.57-5.64 range. It's more lateral quickness that I am interested in seeing during the combine. Shuffle times are going to be big for these DE's who teams want to be 3-4 OLBs. Doing that drill where they back, forward and sideways pedal around step-over dummies, while they keep their eyes up at the coach is going to be huge.

I know a guy like E. Brown is used to having his hand down and exploding off the line. Starting the play standing up and shuffling his feet is going to be a large adjustment I would think. Same can be said about similiar propsects I guess.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote