Originally Posted by beerlover
you should never pass on BPA unless another team proposes a trade scenero to good to resist regardless of needs, its that clear cut.
Top 10 picks-
1) Eugene Monore, OT 6-5 Virginia
2) Michael Oher OT 6-5, 320 Mississippi
3) Malcolm Jenkins CB 6-0, 180 Ohio State
Top 15 picks-
4) Rey Maualaga MLB 6-2 250 USC
5) Jason Smith OT 6-4 300 Baylor
Top 20 picks- Texans range
6) Vontae Davis CB 6-0 205 Illinios
7) Knowshon Moreno RB 5-10 207 Georgia
1st rd. grades-
8) Chris Wells RB 6-0, 240 Ohio State
9) Jeremy Maclin WR 6-0, 200 Missouri
10) Alphonso Smith CB 5-9, 195 Wake Forest
11) James Laurinaitis LB 6-2, 245 Ohio State
12) Will Moore FS 6-0, 230 Missouri (trade down)
That's nice beerlover....but once you get past a certain level, like the first forty six picks....there are only so many first step guys on the board. Unless the scouts find some Gem in the third round or later....or they free agent the pass rusher....you ain't getting one if you BPA the first two rounds. And this regime cannot go into '09 with out one.Whether it's a LB they can blitz or a smaller DE with a first step, they've got to have one. They'll gamble if they have to....but they have to have one if they are to have any chance at winning the division in '09. And everyone over on Kirby should know that.
Good thing I'm not the GM. Orakpo falls out of the top five. I move up and go get him.