View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I put together a Mock Draft Tracker for the Texans pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well we're on the same page as far as that is concerned.

Like I've said for the last two weeks or so, realistically I think the best player available as far as OUR NEEDS go on defense will be a LB like Muleauga, Curry, or Spikes, but Spikes didn't overly impress me in the National Championship game. I've got a buddy that swears Spikes is the real deal though, so he has me a bit intrigued.

Since we need a DE so bad, I like Maabin because he was really really productive even as a Junior so he might have even been better as a Senior. Orakpo should be gone, and I think our only real hope at DE in the first would be Maabin, but I'm betting he'll be gone as well. So that will most likely leave us with one of those LB's I mentioned in which I would happy with. I love Aaron Curry. God, him and Demeco would be great together.

Make that 3 of us that have no desire to see William Moore in a Texans uniform. As of now this guy is highly overrated. If Curry fell to us I think I'd pass out, I don't think it'll happen but OMG if it did. WOW. I think Spikes might be worth a 1st round pick but only if we trade down. I honestly don't expect that the Texans will take a DE on the first day of the draft, maybe later but not early. Weaver is too expensive to let go and was beggining to play better toward the end of the season. Maybe with a new DC and scheme Weaver might turn into something worth keeping. I don't think the Texans are ready to give up on him yet.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote